A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

To Art Quilting and Beyond - Week 1/Part 3

Today I was thinking about when I first took classical guitar lessons. The pain is what is familiar. I use a thimble but my finger tips and my grip feel similar to what I went through those first few weeks of holding down guitar strings.

But we soldier on. And truth be told, I'm actually enjoying the journey in spite of a few aches and pains.

Today I added the 2 bottom fabrics and the second piece at the edge of the top right corner.


Below you can see where I am bringing in the circle concept again. I traced with chalk around a round plastic piece that was in the bag. The layout is random with no pattern intended. I chose this method because I was pretty sure that one thing worse than my "straight" lines would be circles!


 I also chose embroidery thread the same color as the stripes in the second fabric so these colors would stand out more.

So the background is completed!! Now to add the fun bits.

Oh today is when this piece got its title but I'll save it for later. 

Carry on then. Kind of like the post office...neither stiffness, pricked fingers...etc.
See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.