A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

now for something different

This post is going to be short on words, but heavy on photos. I'm a fibre artist, with a passion for techniques. I became involved with Robin Atkins, Bead Journal Project (BJP) in 2008/2009, and haven't looked back since. Although my fibre roots have been neglected lately, I hope to correct that in the near future. My 2010 BJP pieces, are probably my favourites, as they combine my love for fibre, free motion stitching, beads, paint, memorabilia and found objects. Each tells a personal story!
I only completed seven in this series, but it's definitely something I would like to revisit in the future. If you'd like to hear more, please visit my blog! To think that it all started with a simple triangle!
The Bead Journal Project is now on Facebook, and will be open for new members, in December of this year.

14 comments:

  1. Anne-Marie... this is the most stunning fibre/bead work I have ever seen... and I have seen a lot! Your attention to detail is incredible and the colour, texture, light and stitch are inspired.
    I would love to see these pieces in person one day. Thank you so much for sharing here at the Fire Blog.
    Let's connect.
    Bethany Garner
    Kingston, ON

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your beading but the way you have combined it with free motion is stunning. That is the word I think of when I see your work!! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just started following this blog and this display makes me so glad that I did. I simply want to learn more! These are incredibly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, incredible way of using beads, fiber and found objects...each one is so unique flows so beautifully...thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Why haven't I heard about this Bead Journal Project before?! I will have to look into it.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beading. More, please!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, for all your lovely comments! It was my pleasure to share a few of my pieces. More posted today, for anyone that's interested. No fibre in these pieces, but they will eventually end up being surrounded by it.

    Bethany, I will PM you in the next couple of days. As you know, we're fairly close, so it's doable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely works ! I like these combiend colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Anne! As you can tell, I love colour!!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.