A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

More info on Deconstructed Silk Screens in December



I have received a lot of emails from folks a bit uncertain as to what deconstructed Silk Screening is so I am linking to a tutorial. This is kind of an intense tutorial but taking it step by step will not seem so overwhelming.

If you are a dyer, you will really only need to get the THICK SH and make a simple silk screen which you can easily do out of an old picture frame. So no fear!! The actual work will be done in the summer for my 3 helpers and the followers can have their work posted during December. 

If you are interested, just leave a comment.

5 comments:

  1. I love to join you as I have a big fear of deconstructed Silk Screening... might be a good way to overcome it, count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same as Nienke. So I will join too! And love to explore more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to participate.
    I took a dsp weekend with Rayna a few years back and thought it was just great. Looking forward to getting back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to join, and December is a great month for me to do it as it is summer over here in New Zealand. I did a class with Ann Johnston when she came over here a few years ago and loved it. Somehow it has always seems like too much mess and effort to do again, so this is the motivation I need. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to join, and December is a great month for me to do it as it is summer over here in New Zealand. I did a class with Ann Johnston when she came over here a few years ago and loved it. Somehow it has always seems like too much mess and effort to do again, so this is the motivation I need. thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.