A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's a Beginning--Quilter Beth

I finally had a chance to get started today. I need to preface this post with I have NEVER tried this technique before and have little dying and silk screen experience. I only have three screens, so you wouldn't think it would be that difficult. Somehow, I had a big mess and a ton of stuff out. That has nothing to do with the technique; it is a problem I have.
 
Anyway, as I write this I have the three screens drying. Here they are...
I like this one the best. I used some onion and potato sacks, two pieces of two different rubber place mats, and some silk leaves for the texture.
 I used some rubber shelf liner, vegetable bags, and some metal gear-like embellishments for this one.
This one uses the shelf liner, three different kinds of vegetable sacks, and a piece of a rubber place mat. This one looks like it has the least detail. I'm not sure I have enough dye on it. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm anxious to see how these will turn out, but I won't be able to get to them for a few days. I guess that will give them plenty of time to dry.

5 comments:

  1. These look interesting! I've never screen printed so can you show us how you got to this point please???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at them wet, they seem perfect. Can't wait to see your results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heerlijk om te lezen over de prachtige zeefdruk resultatan.Ik ga het deze zomer ook weer proberen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for becomming a follower on my blog. I enjoyed looking over all your screen printing experiments. I have done some of this with Rayna Gillman, but not with the thickened dye.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.