A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gather Supplies for the December Technique--Quilter Beth

Originally, I had wanted to do some discharging with bleach for the December technique, but because of the ventilation required for this technique and considering the weather that most of the group must deal with in December, I decided it would be better to do that in the spring. I know that the holidays are a busy time for almost everyone, so I thought I'd come up with a technique that doesn't require a lot of supplies or time.

I don't know about you, but I like to recycle whenever I can. Well, we are going to do a bit of recycling of plastic shopping bags in December. I have a plastic bag "stash," and I know my husband will be glad for me to get rid of some of them. I think you all already have everything else you might need to embellish the bags. So...be collecting those shopping bags. I'll post detailed information about the technique in December. We might even be able to finish some gifts for friends and family before Christmas (if that is a holiday you celebrate).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.