A TECHNIQUE DRIVEN Blog dedicated to mastery of surface design techniques. First we dye, overdye, paint, stitch, resist, tie, fold, silk screen, stamp, thermofax, batik, bejewel, stretch, shrink, sprinkle, Smooch, fuse, slice, dice, AND then we set it on fire using a variety of heat tools.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Little Shibori Fish

Here is my second attempt at pole wrapping.  I like it better because I followed suggestions and wet it before I dyed it.  It has more white than my first attempt.  It is about a yard long and the width of the fabric.
I am using the fabric to make a whole cloth baby quilt.  Not done yet but I am adding little fishies with watercolor crayons and pencils.  Here are two pictures.  I'll show you the entire top when it is finished.


2 comments:

  1. Boy, hat came out great. Very whimsical and the shibori is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks "happy" to me, and I'm sure it will be appreciated by whoever you give it to. Your shibori design turned out great this time.

    ReplyDelete

Although this blog is no longer active, we will get your comments so please feel free to share them.